The scientific benefits of massage
We all know that massage is the best method to relax one’s body, mind and soul but have you ever tried to figure out how a massage actually works? A massage helps in curing many health issues such as digestive disorders, Fibromyalgia, headaches, insomnia due to stress, sports injuries, Temporomandibular joint pain, soft tissue strains and injuries, Myofascial pain syndrome, anxiety etc.
The scientific reasons to get a massage:
- When someone gets a massage therapy, they experience a safe and gentle touch which starts to calm them. Their body produces a relaxation response which is a condition in which your heart beat and your blood pressure are reduced, cortisol and adrenaline are decreased, serotonin is increased, and body muscles are relaxed, which in turn reduces body strain.
- Massage therapy involves physical treatment of soft tissues and production of chemicals in the body which increases the blood and lymph flow in your body. This also helps in an increase of oxygen and nutrients to the muscle cells. Enhancement in cellular health leads to better functioning of tissues which helps in reducing inflammation in soft tissues.
- Massage therapy relaxes the muscle tissues which help in reducing spasms and sore contractions of muscles. When body muscles contract, they apply pressure to the nerves around them, but when you get a massage treatment these nerves no longer remain compressed as the muscles are relaxed. This leads to the more efficient functioning of organs and muscles.
- In the process of the massage, the therapist touches your skin and applies pressure on your body to relax muscles, ligaments, and
- Massage is very helpful in fixing the tissues which have been injured due to surgery as it allows the more efficient flow of oxygen-rich blood to the body part which helps in curing the injury fast by preventing any further damage.
- Massage therapy reduces lactic acid buildup by circulating oxygen-rich blood within the body. This improves the body functions and also helps in controlling the blood pressure.
- Massage therapy increases the motion of muscles in your body by producing natural lubricants which help in escalating the flexibility, and you can live a healthy lifestyle. Your muscles, ligaments, and joints also become less prone to injuries due to the increased range of motion.
- People who suffer from insomnia are benefited by massage therapy as the therapy relaxes the muscles, reduces body pain and reduces the production of stress hormone cortisol.
This is how massage therapy works wonders for our body. This treatment does not have any side effects provided you get it done from professionals.